In Crimea, the occupiers abducted Ismail Shemshedinov. There has been no news about his condition and whereabouts for more than a month
On January 26, occupation forces broke into the house of Elzara Abibullayeva in the village of Islyam-Terek in occupied Crimea and began an illegal search. They detained and took her son, Ismail Shemshedinov, to an unknown location, promising that he would get in touch in three days. But for more than a month now, his family has not known whether Ismail is alive or where he is.
Ismail Shemshedinov is 28 years old. He lives in the village of Islyam-Terek, works as a massage therapist, and is a nurse by profession.
On January 26, at about five o’clock in the evening, unidentified men in balaclavas broke into the house of Elzara Abibullayeva.
It scared the whole family, but especially the children, who started crying and screaming. 20 people with machine guns and batons ran into the house. Their uniforms had the inscription “FSB” on them. They asked where Ismail Shemshedinov was. As soon as he came out to them, just in a T-shirt and leotard – in what Shemshedinov was wearing at home – they took him outside into the cold.
The occupiers read out a “resolution” and began an illegal search. The occupation forces immediately asked him to bring them the weapons and drugs allegedly found in the house, and then began to turn out cabinets and shelves, throwing all the things on the floor. The search lasted 3.5 hours. They turned over everything, including a suitcase with children’s clothes and diapers, but found nothing.
The invaders took Ismail’s tablet and phone and his wife’s phone. After that, they interrogated Ismail’s family members in a harsh, rude manner. They did not leave Abibullayev with any documents about the illegal search or detention.
“I went out to give my son the money. I approached the minibus and saw that my son had been put on the seat. They pulled his sleeve to take the money from me and put it in his pocket. I asked where they were taking him and when he would be able to come home. I was told that he would be able to get in touch in three days. More than a month has passed since then. I haven’t heard anything more about my son,” Ismail’s mother said.
The family, together with the lawyer, wrote inquiries and sent urgent letters to all local occupation administrations and law enforcement agencies, but have not yet received any response.